The Future of Safe Prescribing Conference
This is a joint conference between the British Pharmacological Society and the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland.
The challenge to achieve safe prescribing is of huge importance to healthcare. We are now in an era of exponential advances in technology and molecular medicine which will directly impact on improving prescribing. This programme on the future of safe prescribing is designed to address topics directly relevant to safe prescribing now and in the future. This meeting will have wide appeal to independent prescribers from all backgrounds (including medical, pharmacy and nursing). Topics for the programme will include, “cost-effective prescribing”, “managing polypharmacy”, “precision prescribing” “electronic prescribing” and “maintaining prescribing competence”.
- To understand to current state-of-the-art in prescribing from efforts to improving prescribing skills and their outcome to polypharmacy.
- Appreciate the role of big data and precision medicine in safe prescribing.
- Understand the role of regulatory agencies on prescribing practices.
- To discuss innovations in electronic prescribing.
- Understand the role of HTA in balancing innovation and affordability in the era of precision medicine.
- Provide an overview of the history of modern therapeutics as through the media of UK Pharmaceutical advertising.
- To provide an overview of European drug regulation in the post-Brexit era